Engine almost stalls after each start. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Engine almost stalls after each start.

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 10-09-2008, 03:25 PM   #1
tarilas10

Engine almost stalls after each start.

I have a problem with my 99 Jeep Cherokee SE(4.0). Each time I start the engine and go for about 1/4 of a mile, the engine starts to sputter and lose power, but does not stall. After about 3 to 4 seconds, the problem goes away until the next time I start up the engine again. I have replaced the crank position sensor and the ECU to no avail. Check codes and there are no codes, no check engine light. Also replaced spark plugs and distributor rotor and cap. Any suggestions?

Last edited by tarilas10; 10-09-2008 at 03:42 PM..
tarilas10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2008, 08:05 PM   #2
1968charger666
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Try some fuel injector cleaner. The throttle position sensor might be acting up, maybe check that.
-1991 YJ, 2.5L I-6, AX-5, NP231, SYE, Terralow 4:1, D30 & D35 w/ 4.88's & lockers, all w/warn lockout hubs, Procomp coil overs, 9" lift total, 35X15.5R15 Siped Super Swampers, Warn Bumpers, brush guard, Belly and Fuel tank skid plate, Herc'd tub, Dents and scratches
1968charger666 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.