engine - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > engine

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-10-2001, 05:25 PM   #1
rustyjeep

engine

1980 cj7 with 151 c.i. 4 cyl (gm motor). Rebuilt but I cannot find specs for valve adjustments. Hayes manual no help.

rustyjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2001, 11:27 PM   #2
Nightclaw
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Er... The GM 151cid/2.5L (Pontiac's "Iron Duke") used hydraulic lifters. There should be no valve adjustment. If you're getting excessive valvetrain noise, you probably have a collapsed lifter or blocked oil channel somewhere.

On the off (and somewhat improbable) chance that you have mechanical lifters/solid camshaft, Crane lists three lash adjustments for solid and roller camshafts in the Iron Duke:

Mechanical Lifters, 112 LSA Cam: .028" Intake / .030" Exhaust
Mechanical Lifters, 106 LSA Cam: .020" Intake / .020" Exhaust
Roller Camshaft/Lifters: .035" Intake / .030" Exhaust

Source: http://www.cranecams.com/master/apps/pontiac1.htm
4.0L / AX-15 / Stock NP231 / Stock D30 (open) / D60 (35-spline, Detroit locker, Moser axles) / rear disc brakes / 4.56 gears / Advanced Adapters SYE & CV Shaft / 33" BFG MT-KM's / Thorley Header / Magnaflow Muffler / BesTop Flares
Nightclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2001, 05:42 PM   #3
rustyjeep

10-4, they are hydraulic. The nut screws on the stud and compresses the lifter. I am assuming that there is 0 clearance. But, there is no lock nut or keeper and I think that they should be torqued at 4-10 ft lbs at TDC for each cylinder but I can't find any thing on it. Also, what locks the nut?
rustyjeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.