EGR Valve no longer available? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > EGR Valve no longer available?

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Ruffstuff's Monster Shock Brackets!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 08-01-2002, 05:38 PM   #1
CJ8DV8

EGR Valve no longer available?

Let me throw this up for the "Engines" forum to ponder:

I'm trying to find either an OEM or replacement EGR valve for my Jeep. Here's what I've found:

NAPA, Auto Zone, All Pro and AdvantageAuto.com either offer me a replacement EGR (Wells) that isn't a direct replacement (doesn't cross reference coprrectly) or else they say that they can't get one.

My Jeep dealer's parts department says that the EGR is no longer available through Jeep and that they have no listing for it.

What now?

The valve I'm trying to replace has "Rochester Products" stamped on it which leads me to believe its an OEM valve. The number stamped on it is: BST 17082795 030 41P.

My Jeep isn't a California model or an Export Only model. And yes I do need it- NY State has emissions testing and my old one has a leaking diaphram that makes it NG.

Anyone have a clue on where to find one of these?

Half hardtop
Rustproof plywood floorboards and bed upgrade.
Lots of work, but working on it.
CJ8DV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2002, 06:41 PM   #2
CJ8DV8

Spoke too soon...I found an EGR.

The World Wide Web is a wonderful; thing...

I found a company in California that had my mystery EGR valve in stock!

"Help" 800-544-4357

I strongly suggest writing this number down in the back of your Chiltons manual just in case you ever end up like me trying to hunt one down. I thought this was going to be an easy part to find. Boy, was I wrong!
Half hardtop
Rustproof plywood floorboards and bed upgrade.
Lots of work, but working on it.
CJ8DV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2002, 03:16 AM   #3
Quan

I replaced the egr on my 89 islander about 6 months ago and there was no problem getting it. I went to the local offroad shop a few weeks ago and they have some hanging on the wall so i guess they carry them... might check with your local shop. HTH

[b][COLOR=green]Green[/color] Jeep Club Member #15[/b]
[b]My Jeep Made Me Broke Club Member #2[/b]

93 YJ I-6 w/ stuff

Keep the [COLOR=blue]greasy[/color] side down
[URL=http://members.cox.net/quanno/ford88.html]FORD 8.8 INFO HERE![/URL]
Quan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.