Edlebrock question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Edlebrock question

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 04-28-2013, 03:11 PM   #1
GTNMUDY
1984 CJ7 

Edlebrock question

I am trying to tune my 1406 Eldebrock carb. It seems to be stumbling at about 2000 rpm. I can feel it kinda missing slightly. I have replaced the excel pump, fuel pump, floats are ok, Idle just fine. The carb has been sitting for 6 years now and when I first started it it was terrible at any speed. I have disassembled it and cleaned out all jets, fuel passages. This improved the operation but still has a slight stumble at my cruseing speed of 2000.

I have the main metering rod springs and reading the book it stated different colors for different staging vacuums. I am assuming that the staging vacuum means what my manifold pressure is at crusing and under load. At 2000 rpm my vacuum is about 10"hg. With that it would seem I would install the heaviest spring (plain one).

I have done that and it did seem to help but not like it use to be 6 years ago.

My thought was to rejet the main to .100 (it has a .098 now).

Any thoughts from a Eldrebrock fan

Oh yeah, it is on a 350 SBC, headers, cam, roller rockers Edlebrock manifold.

Larry

GTNMUDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 12:11 AM   #2
CJ258
1974 CJ5 

A friend talked me into one of those years ago. It would just flood out and die whenever it wanted to, and that was a work truck that was mostly on the street. I would go with a Holley, lots of aftermarket support. Check out Jegs or Speedway.
CJ258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 08:12 AM   #3
GTNMUDY
1984 CJ7 

I had a Holley and took it off due to float issues and floding when off road. The Edel worked better for me on my 350, CJ since the 80's.

am sure the issue is a leaning out at 2000 rpm.

I still got the Holley under the work bench. Might just try it after rebuilding it.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Larry
GTNMUDY is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.