Dumped exhaust - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Dumped exhaust

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-30-2013, 06:06 AM   #1
Sahara67
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Dumped exhaust

Can I hear some pros and cons on dumping the exhaust. I recently had a flow master 40 series installed with just a small pipe coming off of it. Sounded real good. But my dad one was using it and went to the muffler shop to get a piece of pipe put on it so it would run to the end.of the jeep!

Sahara67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 10:06 AM   #2
mdm
Farm Wheeler
2000 TJ Wrangler 

What is your goal here? Are you trying to get arguments you can use with your father to justify removing the pipe he had put on?
Unread 04-30-2013, 10:15 AM   #3
Sahara67
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Lol no! It's my vehicle. He was using it for a week and I guess he just got annoyed while driving it. Just seeing if any jeep owners have any thoughts on performance or issues that it might cause.
Unread 04-30-2013, 11:10 AM   #4
mdm
Farm Wheeler
2000 TJ Wrangler 

It's your vehicle and he just decides to modify the exhaust for the heck of it? Interesting relationship you guys have. Who owns it? Maybe I should say who bought it and pays the insurance?

Performance issues? Not really.
Irritation factor? It's probably less irritating for other people now.
Safety? Depends on where the end of the exhaust was before and where it is now.
Unread 04-30-2013, 11:36 AM   #5
Sahara67
2003 TJ Wrangler 

The questions you are asking do not matter.
Unread 04-30-2013, 02:03 PM   #6
mdm
Farm Wheeler
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara67 View Post
The questions you are asking do not matter.
They really do matter.

If the vehicle actually belongs to your father, he can do with it what he wants and you are just looking for a way to change his mind.

If the vehicle actually belongs to you, why is he modifying it? I would really have been pissed if I loaned my vehicle to my father and he did something like this to it without my permission.
Unread 04-30-2013, 08:56 PM   #7
Sahara67
2003 TJ Wrangler 

BLAH BLAH BLAH that's all I hear
Unread 05-01-2013, 05:36 AM   #8
mdm
Farm Wheeler
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara67 View Post
BLAH BLAH BLAH that's all I hear
Somehow I think this is all you hear when your father talks to you about his Jeep.

You aren't listening well. If you look at the second part of my post #6 you will see about all that can be said in response to your question about the exhaust change. Maybe a little more clarification will help. Dumping the exhaust under the rig can cause some serious droning noise inside the cabin and can cause exhaust fumes to enter the cabin as well. Moving the exhaust further back will help get rid of both of these problems. It really doesn't affect performance. If the end of the exhaust is poorly placed too close to the fuel tank it can be a potential fire problem.

Good luck with Dad.
Unread 05-01-2013, 09:59 AM   #9
bgredjeep
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Not that you'll listen, but people who ride in your dad's Jeep will appreciate not smelling like exhaust every time they ride with you. Even if you can't tell, everyone else will know you've been driving the Jeep with the exhaust dumped under the vehicle.
bgredjeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.