Dual exhaust on my Tj - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Dual exhaust on my Tj

SYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 04-10-2013, 05:32 PM   #1
tree33
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Dual exhaust on my Tj

Ok, after the research on here I know this is a hated topic but im going to do it anyways since I feel like it. My manifold/header is cracked right where the two come together at so my plan is to chop it off right at the point is is broke, run pipe to the rear tires and shot it out in front of them, and put some mufflers in there some where. The rest of the exhaust is pretty much had it to and before someone say anything about the cat, its already gone. the main wondering is the o2 sensors. 98 tj 4.0 have a nice day

98 Tj Sahara "Sahara Club #49"
RIP=92 Yj
LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
tree33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2013, 07:57 PM   #2
Spud100
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Better not get rid of the cat or the up and down stream O2 sensors. The up stream (located right after the manifold on the down pipe) communicates and adjusts fuel/air and the down stream (located after the cat) will show that you don't have functioning pollution control. Might find yourself having to re-working the entire system to pass inspection.
Spud100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2013, 08:00 PM   #3
tree33
1998 TJ Wrangler 

well i don't exactly have inspections where i live and the upstream, doesn't it only make minor tweaking? like strictly on better mpg?
RIP=92 Yj
LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
Unread 04-11-2013, 05:53 AM   #4
cruiser54
Web Wheeler

1990 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tree33 View Post
well i don't exactly have inspections where i live and the upstream, doesn't it only make minor tweaking? like strictly on better mpg?
No. The upstream is a major player here.

An index to over 25 write-ups can be found in Post #1.

Cruiser's Mostly Renix Tips
Refresh*Connections*Before*Replacing*Components
cruiser54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 10:08 AM   #5
tree33
1998 TJ Wrangler 

well i unhooked it for now because there is no way it is reading right with the crack in the header. it seems to be acting fine but it has only been unhooked since sunday.
RIP=92 Yj
LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.