drivetrain school - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > drivetrain school

Steinjager TJ tube doorsJK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!JK Rear Adjustable Control Arms!

Unread 03-22-2006, 07:34 PM   #1
markc522

drivetrain school

i know all about engines, suspension, and how to go fast, but im new to the jeep scene and ill be honest, i dont know JACK about all this axles, diffs, and lockers talk.
how hard is it to do a swap? do i even need a swap? i have big plans for the jeep, but dont we all. for now, the bb lift and maybe 3" coils in the future.

some one please educate me about axles, thier strenght, or anythihng else you'd like to throw in there.

can you guys give me some good links or just learn me straight up.
thanks in advance.

yellow jeep club member #874
JEEP: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
markc522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2006, 09:09 PM   #2
webdr

well....... the big question is.....
what do you want to use the jeep for?
There, I said it, so nobody else say it!
Acually, im not sure what you want to do.
What do you want to swap? The axles? Do you want a locker? Change gears?
Do you want wider axles? Bla bla bla
Im looking to do an axle swap. Im wanting to go full width so I will either do wagoneer axles which I think are dana 44 or full size chevy blazer axles which is a corporate 14 bolt and a dana 60. Thats a bulletproof swap.
I hope my rambling has helped
webdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2006, 10:30 PM   #3
MISFIT

mark, you really need to be more specific. what EXACTLY do you want to learn about??? with a subject like drivetrain, which there is SO much going on, you really can't give a general explanation about it.

if you want to learn more, i suggest you go to Pirate and read through all the tech articles there.
MISFIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2006, 08:25 AM   #4
markc522

im not looking to swap anything anytime soon. im just trying learn a bit.

for example, i hear that the d35 is crap.
is it crap for a 2" bb maybe a 3" in the future or is it only crap if your running
35's+ on a nasty rock crawler?
and lockers, what are good ones, what are bad ones, which ones are recomended for my aplication.

(2" bb, daily driver, weekend wheeling, 31's now but 32's here pretty soon, maybe a 3" lift in the distant future) nothing hard core......yet, it seems like every time i go out i kick it up a notch and try things i wouldnt have before.
its the jeeps fault..every time i go out it impresses me!
yellow jeep club member #874
JEEP: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
markc522 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.