Drivetrain in a 69 Chevy c-10? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Drivetrain in a 69 Chevy c-10?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!

Unread 03-28-2007, 10:26 AM   #1
Ryanpowell167
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Drivetrain in a 69 Chevy c-10?

I think im going to buy an old truck for its axles and drivetrain. Its got a 454 crate but tranny and x-case i think are stock. The axles are a d44 in front and a d60 in rear. I need to know if the tranny and x-case is worth anything as far as rock crawling goes. I know im going to have trouble stuffing a 400 hp v8 between the frame rails but i think it can be done. I plan on reinforcing the crap out of the front rails by making a crossmember that ties the frame together behind or under the oilpan. I will be going springover too. This is a project huh?

Unread 03-28-2007, 10:44 AM   #2
themonkeyman
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Thats gonna be a sweet rig man, I hope you can see it through to completion.

You may wanna reinforce the rear of the frame as well, esp. if you plan on showing off at a stoplight or two...

I wish you luck!
themonkeyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.