Drive Shaft Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Drive Shaft Question

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 06-17-2012, 01:53 AM   #1
jonias

Drive Shaft Question

Hi, I've done minor repairs on my 91 wrangler, but tonight my rear drive shaft broke loose, tore up my muffler and all.

I'm posting a picture of it here:
http://cl.ly/3k1l0P3V2e3501432W1v

Maybe someone can tell me what I'm looking at, so I can determine whether or not I want to take on this job myself. I've read that I can remove the DS and drive it in 4WD on the front - at least to the mechanic. I paid $120 to get it towed home. It'd be nice if I could do that and not have to to get it towed again. I tried pulling on the transfer case end, but it didn't slide out like I read in another thread. I'm a little confused and would really appreciate some advice.

Thanks.

jonias is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drive shaft , rear , ujoint

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.