drive shaft for ax15 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > drive shaft for ax15

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 08-30-2013, 11:08 PM   #16
Evildriver-3
1995 ZJ 

We have established you run your mouth about things you have no clue and then make ***** up to suit what you have no, none, zero, 0.0 knowledge of.

Less than 8 is like playing with half a deck
]=Supershafts=[
Long Island Motorsports Association
Evildriver-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2013, 03:42 PM   #17
m715a3
1967 J-Series Truck 

Ok you two I started this thread to get some specs and that still has not happened someone go out and measure your XJ with a auto or ax-15 and SYE. Please tell me what type of kit and what shaft you used. I have put a RR SYE kit with my AX15 and used a front Grand Cherokee 97-98 with 4.0, auto and 231. The shaft measured 33inch in the donor Jeep. Cost was around $31.00 and my kit was $163.00 to the door. The problem in my area is drive line shops are far away and few in numbers. If my customer is broke I need a alternate effective route to go. If my customer has money and wants to spend it then the drive line shop or complete kit with shaft is an alternate. I have looked all over the internet and no one post the length of their SYE kit installed with the brand. After the install the Jeep has a vibration around 64 to 68 mph, but nothing like before. Before it sounded like the shaft was coming though the floor. I am going to rotate the shaft and re install it this has worked in the past. It is a factory shaft so it is balanced weights are still on it. I can live with the minor vibration, but some customers want to be cheap and have the best that don't happen unless you have connections. Hope some people can help me with this so I can buy some shafts at local junkyard and make some cash off some jobs.
m715a3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2013, 01:00 AM   #18
Evildriver-3
1995 ZJ 

Each SYE kit uses different end yokes, the chances of a front shaft working without needing to be modified are slim. I don't remember a shaft that just works without modification

Less than 8 is like playing with half a deck
]=Supershafts=[
Long Island Motorsports Association
Evildriver-3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.