Drive Shaft - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Drive Shaft

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 05-10-2014, 02:19 AM   #1
Just_Wes12B

Drive Shaft

I just replaced the transfer case in my 2005 sport, after putting everything back in I started out on the test run and didnt make it far due to the fact it seems my drive shaft could be bent? or could it possibly need to be balanced after having taken it out?

Just_Wes12B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2014, 06:24 AM   #2
chapmangm32

Well, what's it doing to make you think it's bent?
chapmangm32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2014, 06:51 AM   #3
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapmangm32 View Post
Well, what's it doing to make you think it's bent?
This! Are you getting vibrations? Seems more likely an issue with your new TC. Just taking a driveshaft out and putting it back in again shouldn't change balance unless you knocked weights off it.
Unread 05-10-2014, 07:15 AM   #4
Evildriver-3
1995 ZJ 

If you dropped it or threw it around it could need balancing. Or if you have a ldss style and pulled it apart and put it back together wrong then its gonna need to be put back to it's original phase

Less than 8 is like playing with half a deck
]=Supershafts=[
Long Island Motorsports Association
Evildriver-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2014, 08:25 AM   #5
Just_Wes12B

Thanks. Well when I started to drive it I could feel it under the floor and hear it. SO I drove pretty slow down the road while my dad crawled/hopped along beside looking underneath and he said as it rotated it looked like it may be bent.
Just_Wes12B is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.