drive line vibration please help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > drive line vibration please help

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 04-06-2013, 09:57 PM   #1
standfast85
1999 XJ Cherokee 

drive line vibration please help

So I have installed the re 6025 with new leafs.. I got it all done .. not to bad to install.. well I went for a ride to get an alignment and there is some vibration coming from the rear.. I didnt install shims and I tried tc drop but the studs are redic.. so can I get away with shiming until I get my sye..?? And if so how do I set the angle.. my rear axle seems to be pointing up to the tc.. is it not pointing up high enough or does it need to be pointing straight like the tc.. its seems like its not up high enough and is binding because when Im accelerating it vibrates then if I let off it makes kind of a grinding noise???? Please help

standfast85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 06:07 AM   #2
Evildriver-3
1995 ZJ 

Maybe the joints bad if it's making a grinding noise, vibe underload is angle

Less than 8 is like playing with half a deck
]=Supershafts=[
Long Island Motorsports Association
Evildriver-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 07:50 AM   #3
WhiteMtnJeep
The Punk Made My Day.....

2003 TJ Wrangler 

How much lift? Vibes could be angles, wear, or both. If you think you are binding, check your yokes, binding will show as contact there and is bad. If you have no sye then the pinion and t-case output shafts should be close to parallel. With an sye the pinion points at the t-case. Go to Tom Woods web site and look in the tech section, it explains it all.

Journeyman Polyphase Meterman IBEW Local 387

Work with enthusiasm as though you were working for the Lord rather than for man.

http://www.treadlightly.org/

Siena Jeep Owner's Member 25

/l ,[____],
l---L -0lllllll0-

()_) ()_)-O-)_)
WhiteMtnJeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.