Distributor upgrade for 258? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Distributor upgrade for 258?

Advance Adapters SYE KitsARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 05-05-2002, 04:48 PM   #1
CaSea4Me

Distributor upgrade for 258?

What r u guys using to upgrade ur stock 258 distributor? I've seen Juice-box. What about a whole new dist/coil combo. thing? Any opinions ?

Unread 05-06-2002, 08:14 AM   #2
RedYJMan

This past weekend I did the TFI upgrade based on a 1982 Ford F-150 with I6 300 cid. I bought an HEI coil, distributor base, dist. cap, rotor and wires. It works great and is very easy to do! I can actually get a good idle with the Carter BBD. I believe there is an article on it (with part numbers) on <a href="http://www.jeeps.com" target="_blank">www.jeepz.com</a>. I hope this helps.
4.2 6cyl
Puegoet (Pronounced "crap") 5spd

[color=red]Red Jeep Club Member #36[/color]
RedYJMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2002, 06:27 PM   #3
Bob K

I installed the JuiceBox 6 months ago. Dollar for dollar the best mod I ever did to my Jeep. Great quality product. Easy install.
31" BFG A/T's
K&N Filter
Custom Rock Guards
Turbo Muffler
Rear Track Bar in the shed
Other Tricks I won't tell to just anybody!

'99 Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8
Towing Package
K&N FIPK
ProComp MX6 shocks
Borla Exhaust
Tow Hooks
Alpine CD with Infinity+iPod connect
Just getting started!

If you're not living on the edge...
you're taking up too much space.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2002, 08:46 PM   #4
CaSea4Me

Thanks Bob,

I'm a little confused with the install procerdure: Cutting the pigtail and reconnecting the new wiring? Seems like there's more wires than those on the juice box. The directions just say to clip and recon.new wires

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.