Dana 60 rear help?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Dana 60 rear help??

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-25-2013, 02:20 PM   #1
jercars

Dana 60 rear help??

I found a rear end at my local junk yard and everything about it checks out to be a Dana 60. However on the bottom right webbing has "80" casted into it instead of 60. I scraped it really good so no I'm not mistaking this. The tubes are to rusty to ready any BOM numbers but the tag is still bolted on the back and the 1st 2 numbers are 60. It's got 4.10's with those real course 16 spline axles. I haven't had the cover off so I don't know what it's guts look like yet. The tubes are also 3" dia. instead of 3.125". It's a full floater as well. It came out of a 74 F-250. Can anybody make sense of this thing? I won't be using it for off roading, it will be for muscle car application.

jercars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2013, 09:19 AM   #2
Evildriver-3
1995 ZJ 

74 f-250 shouldn't have a D-80 in it. get me the bom number off the axle tube itself, along the axle tube looking at the cover about 2/3" off the center section will be a 610XXX-X number stamped into the axle tube.

But it sounds most definitely like a D-60, if it's for a car or jeep the 3" axles are all you want

Less than 8 is like playing with half a deck
]=Supershafts=[
Long Island Motorsports Association
Evildriver-3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.