dana 35 upgraded - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > dana 35 upgraded

THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 01-16-2013, 08:10 PM   #1
icrawltn
2000 TJ Wrangler 

dana 35 upgraded

i just got the super 35 kit. 30 spline axles with a yukon grizzly locker.

icrawltn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2013, 10:17 PM   #2
tonymartin
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I know most peopel will probably burn you for this, as they say the 35 isn't worth wasting money on, but have you wheeled with it yet and if so, notice any differences? Probably not, other than having a locker in there, but how did it seem compared to the stock parts?
Unread 01-17-2013, 05:18 AM   #3
icrawltn
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I'm sure they will. But that's ok where I live is where we have We-Rock and a few other big rock crawl comps and there's about 10-15 guys that have entered them and done very well for the past 4-5 years on a upgraded dana 35.. No sir I haven't ran it yet waiting on the rear locker to get here .. From what everyone says at quadratec , 4wheelparts and 4x4 group buy that the upgrade kit for the dana35 30 spline is the same size axle shafts as a stock dana44 . I bought the axles and locker off eBay and saved around $325 and got the same parts matching part numbers as what everyone was pricing me.
Unread 01-22-2013, 05:15 PM   #4
seattle_yj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I'm also interested in the outcome. Update the thread when you can. I have the upgraded 35 rear kit with Detroit and have been VERY hard on it with no breakage. I didn't do the front though.
seattle_yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2013, 08:11 PM   #5
BlueRubiconrich
1986 CJ7 

they make a upgraded Dana35, it's called a Dana 44.
BlueRubiconrich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2013, 08:51 PM   #6
icrawltn
2000 TJ Wrangler 

so far the upgrade is working out very good ....
Unread 01-29-2013, 02:58 PM   #7
Evildriver-3
1995 ZJ 

As long as you know when to take your foot off the gas it'll be fine.

Less than 8 is like playing with half a deck
]=Supershafts=[
Long Island Motorsports Association
Evildriver-3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.