Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

DANA 30 outers on DANA 44 front axle-- with a twist

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  LGreevesCJ7 
#1 ·
I read a how to article recently that explained about swapping dana 30 outers onto a dana 44 front axle and not having to relocate the steering box as a result for a Jeep CJ. It was a scout D44 and he was looking to stay 5 on 5.5 lug pattern, so not exactly what I am trying to do.....not sure if scout vs waggy D44 makes a huge difference for my questions.
I would like to take this route on my project, partly because I think I have all the basic parts needed to do it already. Major difference from the how to is I have a jeep waggy NT D44 front(correct drop and disk brake type--keeping it the stock NT waggy width btw) and a selection of CJ D30 wide or narrow track axle donors...
but here's the crux of the issues:
I want to keep the 6 on 5.5 pattern rotors that came with the waggy dana 44

1) Is that even possible?
2) Do I already have all the parts to do this----(if not what's lacking and what can it be junkyard grabbed from?)

I have the donor D30 and D44 axles, .... so, just looking for advice on those two questions.....and any additional info on those topics such as what seals, bearings, axle stubs etc I will need to use would be much appreciated.
Not trying to start a flame on the fact that I will be making the D44 weaker it is not an important issue for me, just looking for a little expert advice on this.
Thanks in advance for any and all advice....

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.