Dana 21? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Dana 21?

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Ruffstuff's Monster Shock Brackets!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 08-13-2013, 08:01 PM   #1
shinigami
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Dana 21?

Has anyone ever had experience with a dana 21? I got a np435/dana21 combo and it seems stout for a 1 speed transfer case. Cant find much info on it and am hoping it will hold up to moderate wheeling.

I LOL'd
I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2013, 08:47 PM   #2
jeepdaddy2000
1971 CJ5 

It is a single speed t case used in Fords behind four speeds with granny low first gears. The idea is the 6.5 (or so) ratio in first would be equal to a standard first with a two speed t case.
They are plenty strong, but you will find a large jump from first to second when offroading.
jeepdaddy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2013, 06:28 AM   #3
colojeepguy
1970 CJ5 

FWIW-
I had a 66 F-100 that I used as a plow truck for many years. I split 2 of those tcases right down the middle, The first one was so bad that the lower portion of the case was completely broken off & hanging by the front driveshaft. Keep in mind that this was in a 6000 lb truck, with a strong 390, plowing snow.
After the 2nd one I put in a NP435/NP205 combo...no more worries
IMO it's only useful as a paperweight...
Unread 09-15-2013, 12:08 PM   #4
shinigami
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I have herd of them splitting under extreme uses like your plowing or an f-100 on 37" tires with a big block on rocks. Maybe ill run it until i can afford to adapt it to my np231; or if my np205 will even fit
I LOL'd
I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.