Dana 21? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Dana 21?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 08-13-2013, 07:01 PM   #1
shinigami
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Dana 21?

Has anyone ever had experience with a dana 21? I got a np435/dana21 combo and it seems stout for a 1 speed transfer case. Cant find much info on it and am hoping it will hold up to moderate wheeling.

I LOL'd
I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2013, 07:47 PM   #2
jeepdaddy2000
Web Wheeler

1971 CJ5 

It is a single speed t case used in Fords behind four speeds with granny low first gears. The idea is the 6.5 (or so) ratio in first would be equal to a standard first with a two speed t case.
They are plenty strong, but you will find a large jump from first to second when offroading.
jeepdaddy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 05:28 AM   #3
colojeepguy
1970 CJ5 

FWIW-
I had a 66 F-100 that I used as a plow truck for many years. I split 2 of those tcases right down the middle, The first one was so bad that the lower portion of the case was completely broken off & hanging by the front driveshaft. Keep in mind that this was in a 6000 lb truck, with a strong 390, plowing snow.
After the 2nd one I put in a NP435/NP205 combo...no more worries
IMO it's only useful as a paperweight...
Unread 09-15-2013, 11:08 AM   #4
shinigami
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I have herd of them splitting under extreme uses like your plowing or an f-100 on 37" tires with a big block on rocks. Maybe ill run it until i can afford to adapt it to my np231; or if my np205 will even fit
I LOL'd
I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.