Cylinder heads help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Cylinder heads help

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 10-26-2012, 08:06 PM   #1
booman75
1979 CJ5 

Cylinder heads help

Been tryin to read up on the head issues with 0331 .. I have the dreaded 2000 cherokee sport with the crack issue.. A friend has hooked me up with a 0630 head from a 98 maybe 99 model has manifold an throttle body too... What exactly would i need to make it work...?
Im not much of a mechanic so all info would be helpful thanks...

booman75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2012, 07:56 PM   #2
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by booman75 View Post
Been tryin to read up on the head issues with 0331 .. I have the dreaded 2000 cherokee sport with the crack issue.. A friend has hooked me up with a 0630 head from a 98 maybe 99 model has manifold an throttle body too... What exactly would i need to make it work...?
Im not much of a mechanic so all info would be helpful thanks...
Here is what I did;

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f19/c...dence-1306393/

You need tools, experience, knowledge and time. Make sure that any drive train part you remove goes back into the excact same place from where it came.

This repair was srtraight forward except the head is heavy , and the bolts on the intake/exhaust manifold are tough to get at because on the GC the 4.0 is tucked up under the firewall. On a TJ it is much easier.

Getting older, I have developed some special skills. I have the ability to cough, sneeze, fart and pee at the same time.

"If we cannot afford to take care of Veterans, then we should stop making them."
David C. Wilker Jr. USAF (RET)
laybackman is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.