cruise control stuck-96 laredo-HELP! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > cruise control stuck-96 laredo-HELP!

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-23-2013, 08:38 PM   #1
gingerbeard
1996 FSJ Cherokee 

cruise control stuck-96 laredo-HELP!

i have a 96 GC laredo. last week someone rear-ended me, hit and run, and for some reason i am now having serious issues with my cruise control. it keeps turning on at random times, even at slow speeds. it wont turn off when i hit the on/off or when i hit cancel, or when i use my brakes, or when i turn the vehicle off. when i turn it off in this condition it revs up to 3000 rpm and smells awful. nothing i do seems to affect it. it kind of just does what it wants, but i feel like that is not a safe or gas-effective thing. im not the best at too many home repair jobs, but i can manage simple ones, and have handy friends. can anyone help me with possible solutions?

gingerbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 08:41 PM   #2
gingerbeard
1996 FSJ Cherokee 

p.s. the damage was only minimal scarring to the bumper, but it was hard enough to turn my jeep sideways in the parking space it had been parked in. i was not there to see it happen. not sure how this would affect my cruise control, since the front end did not make contact with anything. i also passed a car inspection since, so evidently no engine codes are being thrown.
gingerbeard is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.