Crank Case Postion Sensor - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Crank Case Postion Sensor

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 12-20-2001, 11:35 AM   #1
gifargis

Crank Case Postion Sensor

For a 94 YJ wrangler 2.5l
Anybody ever replace on of these sensors
There seems to be no one that knows how to do the swap except the dealer... and the dealers are the devils.

I also check the chiltons and hayes manuals on the repair and nothing...
there are no instructions just swap it out.
I heard threw the grapevine that if you drop a bolt into the tranny... the engine and tranny will have to be separated..
Please help
"MAYDAY
MAYDAY
Jeeper Down
Jeeper Down
this is a code red"
(THESE ARE THE MARKS OF INSANITY)

Unread 12-24-2001, 10:58 AM   #2
gifargis

Ok seems that no ones the answer to this...
To see how many people actually read this

Please answer I don't know for a reply
so that I know the only thing I can do is send the jeep to the dealership to have it replaced (CPS)
Thanks
Sargon
Unread 12-25-2001, 05:26 PM   #3
I-4

i will start by saying i have NEVER done one.it cannot be that hard to do.you can see it from the top side if you are on the drivers side of your jeep.it just looks like it would be a pita to get at.might could go at it from the bottom side.btw don't let the dealer sucker you into the crap line "but sir,you will have to have your computer reset"i had dealings w/ a local dealership to track down an intermittent problem(long story)
Unread 12-26-2001, 02:57 PM   #4
glm 87 wrangler

Well I dont know were your cps is but on a ford ranger it was at the front harmonic balancer and it had 2 bolts and a hard to unplug connector.But any way it was not that hard to do,so no matter were yours is located just becarefull not to drop the bolts.And try it.Try the free way first thna shell out the money if you mess it up. LOL Hope this
helps some.Later
Unread 12-27-2001, 08:27 AM   #5
glm 87 wrangler

After i did some checking and it is on the tranny.Looks like a no brainer 2 bolts and a wire clip like i thought.But I hope this is your problem.I never seen one go bad but I am sure its possable.The one I replaced a while back was broke off by the timming belt.Maybe thats why jeep put theres in the back.I dont think you will have to time it up before you get started.Just dont turn the motor until you install it first.But i cant see were this would be a problem.Later,gary
Unread 01-14-2002, 10:27 AM   #6
Don and the Dingo

The CPS on the 2.5L banger is the same as on the 4.0L, same position same procedure, BUT it can all be done from the top, lots of room and you can actualy touch the CPS and it's mounting bolts with your hands. You would have to be all thumbs to drop the bolt into the tranny, will not say it can't happen.

Don and the Dingo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.