coolant system problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > coolant system problems

JK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 02-07-2013, 10:36 AM   #1
MattNey723
2001 TJ Wrangler 

coolant system problems

I cracked my radiator about 2 weeks ago replaced it twice since then now I have no heat and my thermostat housing cracked... I'm good with anything else in a jeep but the cooling system of an 01. Any suggestions or advice?

MattNey723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2013, 12:45 AM   #2
benc85

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattNey723
I cracked my radiator about 2 weeks ago replaced it twice since then now I have no heat and my thermostat housing cracked... I'm good with anything else in a jeep but the cooling system of an 01. Any suggestions or advice?
I have the same problem mate. Just put new one in and still getting very hot. The fan seems to be blowing air on to radiator not sucking fresh air in. I tried to turn around but its same other way. Have you sorted yours out yet?
benc85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2013, 09:50 PM   #3
uberxj92
1992 XJ Cherokee 

This is weird but it sounds like you guys put your thermostats in backwards.
As for the fan blowing backwards even if you turn it around, that sounds like you somehow plugged it I'm backwards.
Did you guys change out the radiator hoses?
No heat could be ( aside from the thermostat backwards ) could be the heater control valve maybe it caused your original overheating. Check the vacuum line make sure its connected.
Unread 08-23-2013, 01:03 AM   #4
andyabbot

Here is only one way to fix that issue you have to install the new radiator in the jeep because jeep will get hotter if you did not fix that issue and it will cause the major damage.
United Car Care

Last edited by andyabbot; 10-24-2013 at 05:28 AM..
andyabbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2013, 06:25 AM   #5
uberxj92
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyabbot View Post
Here is only one way to fix that issue you have to install the new radiator in the jeep because jeep will get hotter if you did not fix that issue and it will cause the major damage.
They did replace the radiators with new ones.
Unread 08-23-2013, 08:19 AM   #6
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Then the water pump is probably spinning the wrong way. Many jeeps have reverse direction water pumps.

EDIT!! IF the T-stat is in right.

If your girl is throwing gang signs with her toes you're hitting the spot.

"If we cannot afford to take care of Veterans, then we should stop making them."
David C. Wilker Jr. USAF (RET)
laybackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2013, 12:39 PM   #7
uberxj92
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Check belt to make sure its routed right

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.