cold weather problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > cold weather problem

New DEAL OF THE WEEK at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 02-15-2003, 05:26 PM   #1
JJL290

cold weather problem

My question ,or problem

My jeep has the edelbrock power package intake ,headers , cam. Also Accel supercoil and wires plus MSD muti spark I live in New York in the winter during cold weather operation my jeep has poor performance .in the form of a flat spot .When I begin to move from a standing still position I get a flat spot.This also happens if I accelerate hard while moving the car will sputter or hesitate.I am thinking that the fuel is to cold or I am sucking to much cold air, and leaning out.The problem will improve somewhat after fully warm but not perfect .The stock rockchester carburetor had a heater plate under the carburetor, maybe this is needed for my jeep but can not be used with the Weber carburetor.My other idea was to use the snorkel kit to relocate the air cleaner to suck in more hot air.Maybe both my ideas are wrong and you have an idea why this happens

Do you have any ideas on how to solve this problem ?
Thank you

JJL290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2003, 05:32 PM   #2
JJL290

The Jeep in question
I have the Weber 38 DGES carb on a 2.8 V6 ,1986 Jeep Cherokee\
JJL290 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.