Coil issue/question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Coil issue/question

Official Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitLong Arm kits for all JK models from Clayton Off Road

Unread 04-30-2013, 12:39 PM   #1
rclark214

Coil issue/question

Hello. This is my first post. I did some searching before I asked another ignition coil question.
I have a 1995 Grand Cherokee Laredo with a V8.
I bought it knowing it was not running.

It does not have spark. Crank Pos sensor, spark plugs and wires, acc. belt were all changed prior to me purchasing the jeep.

I know the coil should have a reading of 1.1 Ohm at the (+/-) connector right. I'm getting 3.8-4.0 Ohm. I have my meter set to 200 Ohm.

I'm getting 13.61 from the + to wire post. where i read it's supposed to be 12.16 Ohm. I have my meter set to 20k Ohm (20,000 Ohm).

so my question is. If the Ohm reading is too high, which I believe is less resistance, is the coil bad or not within specifications with my readings?

I got my info from this thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/c...p-asap-303183/

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
thank you in advance.

Last edited by rclark214; 04-30-2013 at 02:34 PM..
rclark214 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.