Clutch fork ball install - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Clutch fork ball install

Jeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJClayton Off Road JK Long Arm Upgrade Kits!

Unread 09-14-2013, 10:00 AM   #1
cj71985
1985 CJ7 

Clutch fork ball install

A friend helped me drop my t5 transmission from my 1985 cj7 straight 6 motor to get it rebuilt. He moved to Washington states so I had to learn and put it all back in myself. I put a new clutch set in. After putting it in and everything I was going to adjust my clutch linkage and found a small ball which I have found to be the clutch fork ball. I don't know where it goes in there and my clutch linkage is all manual, not a hydraulic clutch.anyone got some tips for me on how to install this and where?

cj71985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2013, 10:44 PM   #2
mmerlinn

If you are talking about the clutch fork pivot ball, it screws into the inside front of the bell housing near the bearing retainer hole.
mmerlinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2013, 10:53 AM   #3
cj71985
1985 CJ7 

Fork lever ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmerlinn View Post
If you are talking about the clutch fork pivot ball, it screws into the inside front of the bell housing near the bearing retainer hole.
It looks like a small Baal bearing, but slightly bigger than a marble. You say it screws in? Ill look at it when I get home and post pics, thanks
cj71985 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.