clearance? 3.55's and aussie - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > clearance? 3.55's and aussie

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 10-22-2007, 09:53 AM   #1
Muddeprived

clearance? 3.55's and aussie

Am i gonna have to remove the carrier and ring gear to install this on 3.55's or will the cross shaft go right in without ring gear interferenc? I know 3.73's ain't doable cuz i had to remove the carrier on my tj.

If it don't, i'll either remove it (lengthly) or just shave off the tip of the ring gear just enough to slide it in.

Flux Capacitor Heat Machine
Muddeprived is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2007, 09:36 AM   #2
chutta
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I don't think the gear gets even close to the mid point of the carrier for the shaft.
Just removing the whole thing wasn't very tough for me and allowed me to do all the work at a nice upright position, taking far more grief out of the relatively easy job than doing it all on the ground and going back and forth for tools.
05x 4.0 6sp 30/35, aussie front, 3.73's, r/c 4"x lift, adv adptr sye, shifter bracket, tw cv ds, 33 t/c skid, 33x12.5 dunlop mud rovers on steelies, psc sport cage/rockers, warn fr bump/steer and 30 diff skid, sirius,cb, hand throttle 1"bl/mml 265/16's pepboys at's on orig moabs for street. Lowrance H20c for gps
chutta is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.