CJ7 Coolant Leak Behind Fan Assembly - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > CJ7 Coolant Leak Behind Fan Assembly

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-26-2010, 12:13 PM   #1
stanmc
1985 CJ7 

CJ7 Coolant Leak Behind Fan Assembly

Hello - After replacing my thermo. housing gasket, I now realize my coolant leak is coming from the water pump area. When I removed the belt from the fan, I noticed I can wiggle the entire fan assembly 1-2 inches, and when lifting up on it the flow of coolant is noticeably faster out of the front of the engine where the fan assembly enters the engine.

I know I am not undertaking this repair myself. I'm wondering if anyone has a guess as to how much this may cost me at the average shop.

Thanks!

stanmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2010, 03:06 PM   #2
TBailey
1983 CJ7 

The last water pump I had replaced was about 350.00.However it is not hard to replace I have replaced several water pumps in most cases it can be done in about two hours.
TBailey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cj7 , coolant , leak

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.