Chevy V-8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Chevy V-8

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-03-2003, 12:34 AM   #1
jeepthing2000

Chevy V-8

Looking to put a new chevy V-8 in my 2000 2.5L wrangler. Wanted to know the best size engine in your opinion to drop in, also what else you would suggest to swap in so my jeep wont blow up on me. Etc. Tranny, transfer case, gearing

jeepthing2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2003, 01:27 AM   #2
DLoweinc

i asked this question to some other people and was told that it would be better to put the v-8 from a grand cherokee in there instead (same bolt pattern or something) as well as everything back.. transmission transfercase etc.

there was an article in JP magazine a few months ago about it, it had a yellow jeep on the cover.
Unread 06-03-2003, 05:23 AM   #3
jeepthing2000

if the grand cheroke is the way to go, what year, and what else needs to be swaped out. What tranny, and tc should be used, and axels
jeepthing2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2003, 11:00 AM   #4
eastwood

are you serioulsy going to do this? because i really want to do it also. could you post as the process goes on? how much do you thik this will cost?
eastwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2003, 12:03 AM   #5
Hill Shooter

The best engine to swap into the Jeep is the Chevy V8 350.

Get engine mounts and tranmisssion adaptors. If you need more power get the stroker 383 V8.

If want state of the art swap get the LT-1 or LS-1 Chevy V8, Fuel Injection, from a Camaro or Corvette.

Check this video for a Jeep with LT-1 engine.

http://www.toprpm.com/videodw/stream/tariq_jeep.ram
Hill Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2003, 05:02 AM   #6
Hill Shooter

And this is a Nissan Patrol V8 (LT1). Hope u enjoy it guys.

http://www.toprpm.com/videodw/stream/tariq_nissan.ram
Hill Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.