chevy 4.3 conversion - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > chevy 4.3 conversion

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 03-26-2011, 08:45 PM   #1
jakeryii
1967 CJ5 

chevy 4.3 conversion

me and my dad have tossed around the idea of putting a chevy s-10 4.3 in my jeep i know they make conversion kits but i have a few questions are there any major body modifications that have to be made, do i still use my stock tranny and if so how expensive is it to rebuild a the tranny in my jeep i believe its a t-89

jake

Last edited by jakeryii; 03-26-2011 at 08:46 PM.. Reason: grammar
jakeryii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2011, 03:56 PM   #2
JHW12084
1990 XJ Cherokee 

im throwing around the same idea with a cherokee...i purchased a stand alone wiring harness from fuelinjectionconnection.com and am able to use a 4.3 with throttle body injection. your probably gonna spend some money for adapters and such, but if i were you i would look for a tranny and transfer case from a 80's chevy pickup. probably make your life easier
JHW12084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2011, 04:16 AM   #3
jakeryii
1967 CJ5 

well the reason i would the 90's stuff is i have a shed full of parts i can probably build one on my own and me and my dad know our war of an s10 motor like the back of our hands
Unread 03-28-2011, 04:56 AM   #4
highveelocity
1968 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeryii View Post
well the reason i would the 90's stuff is i have a shed full of parts i can probably build one on my own and me and my dad know our war of an s10 motor like the back of our hands
Well, you can't go wrong with a 4.3. How much money do you have to throw around? Maybe you can ditch your tranny and transfer case for more desirable units.
highveelocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2011, 07:06 PM   #5
jakeryii
1967 CJ5 

not much im 16 with an unstable job

Tags
chevy , conversion

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.