Cherokee 4.0l auto warmup niggle - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Cherokee 4.0l auto warmup niggle

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 02-18-2002, 03:59 AM   #1
Roja C

Cherokee 4.0l auto warmup niggle

Hello,
I have a UK 4.0l auto Cherokee. When it starts up everything runs OK for approx 3 mins, then it starts to cut out with a clicking noise around the accelerator, (as if the "choke" was pushed in too soon). The problem goes away a couple of minutes later, it also goes away if I stop the engine and restart.
The Jeep dealer found nothing on the diagnostics log, but did manage to reproduce the problem, and wants the car for at least a day to investigate, (sounds expensive!). I cannot imagine this being a unique or complex fault.
Anyone seen this one before???

Thanks,

Roja C

Roja C is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.