Check my gear pattern please - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Check my gear pattern please

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 07-25-2007, 07:38 PM   #1
BozoWise
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Check my gear pattern please

Ok I used a sock and a pry bar to put a load on the dif and tried to get a really good pattern both on drive side a coast side.

Any one have any input on the pattern, without regards to me questioning their carrier since it sounds like they swapped it without everyone's knowledge.

By looking at the bad part of the ring gear I think it had been dropped, I could not find any carniage and it isn't a clean chip. They run quite so far after 30 miles.

img_0551-20-28medium-29.jpg   img_0555-20-28medium-29.jpg  
Unread 07-25-2007, 09:47 PM   #2
EMTimZJ
GSMW!

1994 ZJ 

Looks like too much backlash. Look how far your pattern is out on the heel.

Project TORTOISE Build-up thread

JCR Rock Sliders Ford Taurus E-fan Install Dana 20 Twin Stick
EMTimZJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.