Check gauges light.. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Check gauges light..

4th of July Military Discount! (Active: July 2 - 16, 2014)Currie RockJock Products!!*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*

Unread 12-03-2006, 11:45 PM   #1
M3power

Check gauges light..

Hi everyone,

I own a 1998 jeep cherokee 4.0 I6, and a few days ago I changed my oil. I drained all the old oil out, put a new filter in, and added 6 quarts of 5w30. I turn my jeep on.. check gauges light is on (no oil pressure). I checked the dipstick and it was alittle over the safe mark, so i drained about 1/4 - 1/2 a quart out so it was in the middle of the safe zone on the stick. Turned the jeep back on, stupid light is still on (oil pressure goes up between 0 and the first notch, and my battery sence its cold out is at the lowest mark also).

I ran the jeep alittle bit when it was over the safe mark, (drove about 3 miles from my gf's house to mine). My main question is, does the light need to be reset.. or did i really mess my engine up and now just have 0 oil pressure. Is there anything else I can do before I say screw it and take it to a shop?

Thanks

M3power is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.