check engine light stops engine trouble. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > check engine light stops engine trouble.

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-09-2012, 09:24 PM   #1
Damnit94

check engine light stops engine trouble.

I have a 94 xj 4.0l, I love it, recently it started choking out on me, its random and it became more frequent, it'll slowly sputter down like its gonna die and then snap back to normal, why? After a little bit of this the check engine light kicks on and then no more problems. What should I do?

Damnit94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 02:18 PM   #2
sctmcly0

Pull the code from the engine and go from there. It sounds like you have a bad sensor and the computer is running off of its memory instead of inputs
sctmcly0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 05:33 PM   #3
Damnit94

Im getting mutliple codes, but they are all leading to the oxygen sensor, the problem is in Cali there are 4.
Damnit94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 07:12 PM   #4
USAXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

My 96 XJ did the same thing. I scanned the codes and it pointed at the O2 sensor. Replaced that and no more problems.
USAXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 07:13 PM   #5
USAXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Check the first one in line.
USAXJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.