Check engine light help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Check engine light help

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-09-2011, 10:52 PM   #1
bvitale1

Check engine light help

So I got stuck about a foot of snow it it took me about 5 minutes to get out just going back and forth rocking it to pick up momentum and after I got out my check engine light came on! Any ideas on what it could be should I be worried? It's a 2005 Grand Cherokee Laredo with 95k miles awd. Any advice would be appreciated thanks guys

bvitale1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2011, 03:12 AM   #2
Drek
2004 WJ 

Pull the codes and let us know what they are. Turn the ignition on until the electrical comes on, then turn it off. Repeat 3 times and the codes should display on the odometer.

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. -Mark Twain
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2011, 04:06 AM   #3
v8muscle
1999 WJ 

if you have a i phone there is a app that can give you the answer the obd codes, worth getting.......good luck

Neil
v8muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2011, 02:38 PM   #4
bvitale1

Ok I'm gonna see if I can get the codes real quick and will post as soon as I get them thanks for the responses
bvitale1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.