cat. with a loud meow - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > cat. with a loud meow

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 02-28-2002, 06:49 PM   #1
jeep4pack

cat. with a loud meow

I own a 97' wrangler 2.5L 4 cyl. 5 speed stick. with a loud rattle in my cat. I was checking prices on a cat. comverter and only found converters for jeeps 95' and older. I couldn't find anything for my 97' Is there a way I can use the 95' cat. converter for my 97' 2.5L. or is there a cat. from any other year that would fit my 4 pack?

Please reply
thanks
jeep4pac

jeep4pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2002, 01:13 PM   #2
NC74CJ

not to throw out your question but are you sure its your convertor? seems unreasonable for a 2.5L motor to clog up a cat that quick, how many miles are on your jeep? if you are positive its your converter consider replacing it with a performance on (can be easily found at summit, jegs, etc). If your goal is to save money then I dont see a reason why you couldnt just pull one off another jeep (assuming pipe size and cat length are the same), just make sure its not clogged because that will kill your performance. Good Luck

Bill

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.