Caster and camber. How to adjust? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Caster and camber. How to adjust?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 09-05-2011, 11:41 PM   #16
xrideordiex27
2003 TJ Wrangler 

That's what I'm thinking except idk who can do It right for cheap. I also think it's hard to find a d30 with 3.73s for 300ish around where I live to pick up. I can't even find a nice d44 or anything.

xrideordiex27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 11:05 AM   #17
mdm
Farm Wheeler
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I guess you need to decide which is more important - a properly functioning front axle assembly or a rear long arm setup. I'm pretty sure which I would be taking care of first.
Unread 09-07-2011, 08:25 PM   #18
spyjeep0520
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Where are you located sorry i have the app on my phone and cant look up profiles
spyjeep0520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2011, 08:45 PM   #19
xrideordiex27
2003 TJ Wrangler 

it could just be the surface of my driveway that pic does make it look very very bad, and i forgot my driveway was made to angle rain down into a run off on the side of my house

when on flat surfaces its noticeable but not that bad. i am gonna do the offset balljoints to start. as for the long arms, i already have them and everything all i have to do is get the brackets welded.
Unread 09-07-2011, 08:47 PM   #20
Davetha

2003 TJ Wrangler 

There definitely looks like there is an issue with that axle. It looks like my axle before I swapped it out. You're going to wear out your tires, axle seals are going to go quickly etc.. Plus that doesn't look very safe.
Davetha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2011, 11:24 PM   #21
xrideordiex27
2003 TJ Wrangler 

yeah i know, i have to figure out what im doing, i might just look for some used axles that i know are for sure good, maybe find something with 4.10s or 4.56's so i can go to 35's. i can sell my rear d44 for about a grand, and i can look for new used d30 front d44 rear with 410s or 456s for 2 grand or so.. for now i am just gonna get offset balljoints and run it till it breaks. i got that front axle for 100 bucks.

it rode fine, but now its getting shakey cuz i need a trackbar, new steering, new staybilizer and ill do the new offset balljoints so it should be tighter and ride better. i already have the trackbar so next up is staybilizer currie steering and balljoints. also gonna do an antirock swaybar when i get the cash, that will help aswell. rear long arm will be done next week. so things are looking good, then once that is done i will figure out the axle situation.
Unread 09-08-2011, 11:07 AM   #22
xrideordiex27
2003 TJ Wrangler 

update: i was taking off my trackbar cutting the lower bolt off cuz it wont even move with an air impact, pipe wrench nothing, so i was cutting it off and as i was doing this i noticed my upper control arm mount on the passnager side is ****ed. def bent. idk if that effects my camber but still no good. not sure how i didnt see this when i put my long arm on 2 weeks ago, so i will be looking for probobly 2 axles d44 rear and d44 or d30 front with 4.10s or 4.56's and put my d44 rear up for sale since its fine so i can get some money for the 2 new used axles. now time to look.... wish i never baught those axles.
Unread 09-13-2011, 09:10 PM   #23
Cotton
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Dude..your axle looks bent to me! This is what my D30 looked like when I bought my jeep and the passenger side C was touching the coil spring.
Cotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2011, 11:26 AM   #24
xrideordiex27
2003 TJ Wrangler 

my upper control arm mount passanger side is bent anyways, so what im doing is regearing my perfectly good d30 i have at my house to a 4.56 and regearing my d44 rear aswell from 3.73 to a 4.56 so i can do 35s once my 33s are shot which they are coming close to after driving how it was for awhile... 300 per axle in parts (gears, seals, and bearings) and 350 install at my local offroad shop, so its gonna be 1,300 for both axles to be all done with new parts, and refreshed with seals and bearings.

then once thats done, welding up the rear long arm, still need 400 for the axle truss, frame brackets and lower shock mounts so after 1,700 worth of work i will have 2 perfect 4.56 geared axles with a full long arm. cant wait to get this 2nd job next week. once that is done ill be doing currie steering, a nice new steering staybilizer, and antirock swaybar so my front end, and everything else should be perfect 2,400 dollars later.
Unread 03-19-2012, 08:39 AM   #25
ClimbStuff
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotton View Post
Dude..your axle looks bent to me! This is what my D30 looked like when I bought my jeep and the passenger side C was touching the coil spring.
Was the C bent or the whole axel? I got into a crash back in December, and my passenger tire is leaning inwards too. My whole axel had shifted about 1.5" driver, so I replaced the track bar, and tie rod already. I'm thinking I need to replace the C in it too... the axel tube doesn't look bent to me.
ClimbStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2012, 11:12 AM   #26
Staggito
2003 TJ Wrangler 

thanks for all the great info. im having the same problem with my 03TJ . i am running a D30, 33" and wheel spacers and my rims have a huge offset. the wear on my passanger front tire is getting so bad that i believe it is causing alignment issues. im going to check out the following; axel bearings, UCA,LCA, alignment check, and going to check to see if my axle housing is bent. i wheel perty hard and i suspect that may have caused the issue.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.