Burnt Valve - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Burnt Valve

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 07-18-2002, 08:06 PM   #1
Doug76CJ5

Burnt Valve

I have a 4 cyl GM151 engine with a burnt valve. It's the original engine and would like to keep it that way, it has 87,000 miles runs good but smokes like crazy once it warms up. I had an estimate of $550+tax to repair it, after looking at the engine breakdown in the jeep bible it doesn't look that hard to do the work myself. I have repaired or replaced just about every part on a jeep but I've never opened up and engine. I'm looking for suggestions or any insights to this project or any other components I might want to replace while doing this job. It's not used for hard 4-wheeling just puttin around the ranch and hunting. Thanks for the help!

Last edited by Doug76CJ5; 07-19-2002 at 07:22 AM..
Doug76CJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.