Bump throttle?! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Bump throttle?!

Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesJeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontPremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 04-16-2012, 08:07 AM   #1
reaxion911

Bump throttle?!

To start 2000 tj 2.5 w 4.0 tb on 31s. The only way i can explain this is after i installed my 4" lift i have this issue where it sounds like the jeep is bumping off of the engines power or bouncing off of it if you will. Its really bad in the the slow bumpy stuff especially after installing the tb and lubing the cable as my peddle is very touchy. Ive put a hand throttle in the make it easier to contend with but i think its time to address the problem. My first thought is that my motor mounts cold be worn out? Next would be that i only replace the lower con arms with my lift and im thinking the upper con arm bushings are worn out causing wrap causing this whole bounce thing. Any thoughts guys! Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Oh and i know owning a 4 cyl to jeepers is like owning a sportster to bikers but please dont bash its my bad choice and i know i have to live with it.

reaxion911 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.