Budget Performance - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Budget Performance

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipUSA Made JK Rear Axles!!! Revolution Gear and Axle

Unread 02-20-2003, 10:41 PM   #1
Judge_B

Budget Performance

I am looking for low cost performance upgrades, if there is such a thing. I have a 98' 4.0. I have the below listed items under the hood (filter, plugs, wires) but I am looking for other things. Haven't heard to many good things about the chips so I plan to stay away from them so any other bright ideas would help me out bunches.

98' TJ Sport 4.0
K&N Drop-in
Spitfires & Omnispark wires
Stock fogs & hooks
BDS 2" SL
Daystar 1" BL
Skyjacker disconnects
Judge_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2003, 11:30 PM   #2
balloo93
Little Red Menace

1993 XJ Cherokee 

Can't ever go wrong with a cold air intake (tube style or K&N FIPK) and a free flowing exhaust. You've also got the bored TBs and electric fan to replace the mech one.

Specs in Profile.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/325707/1
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2406854/1
balloo93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2003, 01:18 PM   #3
DirtyDan

Get rid of the splitfire and buy a good quality plug. Look for ways to keep the motor cooler. Any decrease in resistance you can do in the intake/exhaust system is a plus. Also, I can't suggest this enough change your fuel filter that thing kills power if it isn't changed regularly.

Dan
DirtyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2003, 07:12 PM   #4
bodi

I installed the TFI juice box which was great.
83 CJ7 w/remanufactured jasper 258 I6 w/t-5, Weber carb, new exhaust, PS, PB, 2 1/2" Lift, 31" BFG's, herculined interior and s**t brown paint job (for now) "in to deep..but thats when it starts getting fun"
Brown Jeep Club Member #2
bodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2003, 09:38 PM   #5
Judge_B

What is a TFI juicebox and where is that fuel filter?

98' TJ Sport 4.0
K&N Drop-in
Spitfires & Omnispark wires
Stock fogs & hooks
BDS 2" SL
Daystar 1" BL
Skyjacker disconnects
Judge_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2003, 05:09 AM   #6
Birdawg

Just found my fuel filter it's on the frame, by the driver's side rear wheel and you gotta get on your back and scoot under to see it, towards the front of the wheel not the rear. Bout the size of a beer can. I bought one yesterday, $13 Canadian, but I don't have it in yet.
Tops. 31" x 10 1/2" x 15" Coopers
Sumer Projects:2 1/2" Rubicon Express.(Done) New Metalic Paint.(Done)
31" Tires (Done), Bed Liner. Dome Light for Soft Top
[color=blue]Blue Jeep Member #15[/color]
Birdawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.