Broke the Jeeps cherry - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Broke the Jeeps cherry

Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearXHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoSYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140

Unread 07-26-2005, 01:02 PM   #16
digibus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepboy18
now it's time for my ? for you gear heads which is my best route to a quicker et bumping the nitrous up, cam, headers, hi flow cat, weight reduction, Drag Radials,etc..
Well with the setup that you have now there really is no need to upgrade to the bigger injectors unless you have something like a MAP adjuster to dial them in because they will more than likely run too rich. For the budget you mentioned I would recomend going up to a 100 shot of the nitrous, which your engine can handle no problem. With what you have left over get a performance cam and lifter set. I am not as familiar with the 4.7 as I am the 4.0 but I don't think there are any headers that will fit as a direct bolt-on replacement without doing some fabrication. You won't get a huge increase from headers and a high-flow cat but it's not a bad idea to upgrade the entire exhaust so if you do get some headers and a new cat then I would recomend upgrading the front/head pipe as well so there aren't any bottle necks. But, for the money, the larger N2O shot and the cam will get you the largest drop in your E.T. If you do the nitrous I would recomend a fuel pressure cut off switch, and in the future get a bottle heater or pressure controller (heats and/or cools), and a purge valve. You may also want to get some gauges to let you know what is going on with your A:F ratio, fuel pressure, and N2O pressure just to be safe. And with the cam and lifters I would also recomend upgrading the valve springs which means new valve locks and retainers as well as installing a double roller timing chain. Once you do all this then at that time you may need some larger injectors but the stockers would still probably be enough untill you upgrade the intake manifold and port the cylander head. By the way, you could port the head yourself for less than $75 if you already have the tools and that would net you at least an additional 10hp.

[B]1999 4.0 WJ Limited [/B] NX Wet EFI Kit;HESCO Head, Cam and Water Pump;Apexi SAFC2;Accel 24lb injectors;K&N FIPK; 2.5" Dynomax Ultraflow SS Exhaust; Dynatech Cat; Banks SS header;Custom 3" Head Pipe;E Cut-out;62mm TB & Spacer; MSD DIS-4; Jet 180°stat;H&R springs;Eibach Sway Bars;Brembo Rotors; Streetscene grill;E.L. Dash ; Autometer C2 EGT, N2O & Fuel Pressure;Edlebrock A:F Meter
digibus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.