Brand new Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Engine Problems...Only 3500 miles?!?!?! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Brand new Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Engine Problems...Only 3500 miles?!?!?!

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 05-15-2012, 10:44 AM   #1
bailstock
2011 JK Wrangler 

Brand new Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Engine Problems...Only 3500 miles?!?!?!

Bought my first Jeep, a 2011 Unlimited Sahara a month again. Engine is already knocking/clicking and the dealer cannot seem to confirm the problem. They think it might be a collapesed lifter, but cannot confirm yet. WTH? I would like to ask if anyone else has come across this issue with a brand new Jeep? Naturally, I am very concerned as this is my first Jeep and I have not even taken it off road yet. Is this a big deal, should I be concerned? I am researching Lemon Laws already....

bailstock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2012, 05:21 PM   #2
jay1929

Same here

I have a '12 Sahara and have the same clicking noise. MIL (check engine) light came on, carried it in and they said it was a misfire on cylinder 2. They replaced the spark plug, reset light and 30 miles later it came on again and still ticking. Carrying it back in tomorrow????????????
jay1929 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2012, 09:22 PM   #3
LJameson
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Meh, that's what warrenties are for. Just let them fix it and you'll be fine.

My moms corolla needed a new engine at 7500 miles. Toyota replaced it under warranty and it's been fine since (well, motor wise. The rest of the car is a pos).
Unread 05-17-2012, 10:17 AM   #4
bailstock
2011 JK Wrangler 

It was a collapsed lifter...Dealer fixed it three days later, but at least provided a rental free of charge. Just very worrysome that a brand new Jeep would be having engine problems only 3500 miles into it. Hopefully, this is not a sign of things to come.
bailstock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2012, 09:43 AM   #5
Yjmudman
1995 YJ Wrangler 

jameson said it best. factory warranty's are key. don't bother yourself with it. we have vehicles in that are brand new all the time that have problems. it happens
Yjmudman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2012, 10:21 AM   #6
kavanji
2002 TJ Wrangler 

all vehicles are made from parts. sometimes parts are bad. that is why you get a warrantee. should have no more problems so dont worry
White Jeep Club Member #183
kavanji is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2012, 05:17 PM   #7
LJameson
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yjmudman View Post
jameson said it best. factory warranty's are key. don't bother yourself with it. we have vehicles in that are brand new all the time that have problems. it happens

You drive a mass produced vehicle made of mass produced parts from hundreds of different suppliers. And although the quality of cars now days is FAR better then the past, there's bound to be a bad part to slip past the radar every now and then.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.