Brakes on 06 wrangler - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 04-30-2012, 12:50 AM Thread Starter
Freighttrain
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Brakes on 06 wrangler

Wondering if the brakes on a wrangler(06 Ruby short wheel) are normally less than ideal.To me they feel a little lacking but I have been driving a Ford Ranger for 7 years.Even with 110K on it,it stops harder than my 06 Rubi.Rubi has 4 wheel disk.Checked the pads and they look nearly brand new.Lots of material can be seen though the wheels.Rotors look pretty good.Different vehicles have different braking manners.Only drove vehicles with either all drums or mix of drums and disk till now.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-30-2012, 12:52 AM Thread Starter
Freighttrain
2006 TJ Wrangler 

oh,the pedal feels good.No sponge.Just have to press real hard on it(compared to my ranger) and it doesn't stop like my ranger.Far less negative G sensation and takes a bit farther to whoa.
post #3 of 3 Old 04-30-2012, 06:30 AM
biffgnar

2006 TJ Wrangler 

TJ brakes can vary a lot jeep to jeep. Best upgrade out there is Vanco Big Brake kit. If you aren't up for spending that $$ then look at combination of Black Magic pads and Centric premium rotors.

Dakar Style Rally Raid in North America: www.sonorarally.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.