Big clutch problem.Jeep not starting now. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Big clutch problem.Jeep not starting now.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-06-2014, 09:48 PM   #1
Actionjaxon
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Big clutch problem.Jeep not starting now.

I was on a date in downtown Pittsburgh. 80 degrees inner city. 3 hours driving.

Clutch seemed to harden up and make a wicked loud whistle noise. I let it sit for 45 minutes. Turned the jeep on. Loud whistle until clutch was pressed in. While pressing in, I attempted to shift to reverse, all I heard was the clutch spinning, wouldn't catch. Luckily my girl has AAA and I'm getting it towed home. I attempted to press in the clutch, and it goes all the way down with no resistance. But the jeep won't turn over or start, nothing.

It's a DD. 99 Wrangler Tj. 120k miles. New clutch last year 10k miles ago. I'm pretty desperate. Any information feel free to text me. I'll be researching all night.

814-795-9941

Actionjaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2014, 04:05 AM   #2
Actionjaxon
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Throw out bearing?
Actionjaxon is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.