Axle Widths Charts?! Info for axle swap options for Front/Rear - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Axle Widths Charts?! Info for axle swap options for Front/Rear

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-08-2011, 07:25 PM   #1
Paraleyes
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Axle Widths Charts?! Info for axle swap options for Front/Rear

I have been looking for a few hours for a list that makes sense for which axles in which vehicles are what widths? No luck! I'm looking for the widths of many vehicles, including Ford, Dodge, GM tucks & SUVs and anything else for that matter. There has got to be a list somewhere that someone has put together on this. Anyone know of any charts for this?

Ultimately, I'm wanting to figure out what my axle swap options are without narrowing. I'm aware of the obvious ones such as 8.8 96+ Explorer, etc... I'm not too concerned about being a little overwidth as long as it's streetable. I also know people use Hummer wheels to make up for some of the width. I don't mind cleaning up an axle and burning in all new brackets and mounts, but I don't want to deal with narrowing.

It's time to re-gear and I figure I may as invest in the right axle. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[B][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/cut-fold-rear-lower-quarter-panels-right-way-1007865/#post9237914"][FONT="Verdana"][SIZE="2"]Cut And Fold Rear Lower Quarter Panels - The Right Way![/SIZE][/FONT][/URL]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-2000-xj-build-fully-armored-fully-capable-979162/#post8964962"][SIZE="2"][FONT="Verdana"]My 2000 XJ Build[/FONT][/SIZE][/URL][/B]
Paraleyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2011, 11:09 AM   #2
grizzly11
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I found a much better chart when I was looking for the same info a while back but couldn't find it again, this is one I had saved
http://www.jedi.com/obiwan/jeep/d44swap.html

If you are doing both axles I don't know of any that are worth swapping with the hp30 without narrowing if you are sticking with 33" tires just leave the 30 I don't know much about the XJ front but if it has a CAD get rid of it. I just finished narrowing my hp60 and it was very easy.
If you are just wanting to do the rear go with the 8.8 or look around the junk yard for a 9" out of an old Ford car a lot of those are around 60" WMS, I don’t like the 8.8 because of the C-clip's and I called Moser and a few others about a C-clip eliminator they all told me they won't handle side load and will start leaking oil.
grizzly11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.