Axle/hub issues on a 99 Cherokee Dana 30 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Axle/hub issues on a 99 Cherokee Dana 30

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-Gear2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Black (Paint to Match) Grille

Unread 04-05-2013, 07:31 PM   #1
RyanXJweisheit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Axle/hub issues on a 99 Cherokee Dana 30

Axle/hub issues on a 99 Cherokee classic
I recently replaced both front hubs on my 99 xj and now the passenger side axle has play and is causing the diff to leak out of the axle tube by the hub. If I torque to spec you can see its been pulled out more then before by the clean threads and has no play but makes it leak like crazy. If I tighten the axle but to the point where it was prior to changing the hub the axle slides into the door more and can slide back and forth. Should I just shim the back of the hub and end of the axle to prevent it from pulling out when torqued? Or is my part defective and get a new one to see what happens? Yes everything was installed properly and no washers or spacers ect are missing. Any info will help. The hubs are napa with the pro bearings and 1-1/2" studs

RyanXJweisheit is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.