AX-15 to Chevy V-8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > AX-15 to Chevy V-8

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNew jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!

Unread 01-07-2005, 11:07 AM   #1
90wrangler

AX-15 to Chevy V-8

Anyone here do this?
I'm looking to see if the YJ pressure plate and clutch disk will work with the AA bellhousing adapter. From what I've read, they're the same size.
( 10 - 1 1/8 ) What about bolting up the the chevy flywheel?
I'm installing a TPI 305, and trying to buy all the pieces before I tear it apart, but would love to save that extra $$$ from another new clutch kit.

Before the computer:
A hard drive was a long trip on the road (trail),, and if you had a 3.5" floppy,, you just hoped nobody found out!
90wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2005, 07:26 AM   #2
JeeperDon
Patience, Grasshopper

1993 YJ Wrangler 

You will need a Chevy pressure plate. I just installed an '02 Blazer 4.3 Vortec in my YJ, and the used motor came with a 4.3 stock PP and disk already on it. The AX15 plugged right in with the Adv Adpt bellhousing. Even had the right pilot bushing already in the flywheel.
Unread 01-17-2005, 01:34 AM   #3
trkibbler
1988 MJ Comanche 

Check Novak adapters about the AX15 they have alot of good info on tranny swaps and how to adapt them. I have a 1980 CJ-5 with a 68 Corvette 327 that i purchased this past July that i want to upgrade to a five speed and so far the AX15 is the prime candidate for the swap.

Last edited by trkibbler; 01-17-2005 at 01:45 AM..
trkibbler is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.