AW4 help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > AW4 help

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-Load

Unread 02-16-2014, 11:20 PM   #1
Scooterz82
1982 CJ7 

AW4 help

I recently purchased a CJ7 with many custom mods. It has 4L stroked to 4.7, AW4 and 300 twinstick.
I am in the process of sorting out a lot of shoddy wiring and need help identifying a part. There is a black box spliced into the TCU and it has 1 red l.e.d. light. There was a switch that I traced the wires back to the yellow wire on the TCU and the brown wire on this box. I'm sure it was to control 2nd gear, but I'm not sure what the function of this box is.
The box has the following wires,
orange(not used)
blue spliced into grey w/blk
brown to switch
black spliced into black
white spliced into brown w/blk
purple spliced into purple w/wht
red (+) spliced into red with inline fuse
All of these splices were done with scotch locks. I've cut out over 20 scotch locks and run 30'+ of new wires and still have a bunch to go. Any light you can shed on this would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by Scooterz82; 02-16-2014 at 11:42 PM.. Reason: add crucial info
Scooterz82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.