AW-4 SHift kit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > AW-4 SHift kit

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 02-04-2006, 11:44 AM   #1
rob92xj
1992 XJ Cherokee 

AW-4 SHift kit

Does anyone make a shift kit for an AW-4?

rob92xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2006, 06:49 PM   #2
XJ4oh
1997 XJ Cherokee 

No one makes an actual shift kit for it, but there is a company that you send your valvebody off to and they bore it out and whatnot, and it improves the shifting alot.. It costs around 500 bucks plus shipping, and you have downtime with the Jeep.

There is a ghetto way to firm up the shifts, ive done it, but many people reccomend NOT doing it. I took mine off, but it was cool when I did it. Basically you just zip tie the slack out of the trans. cable.
Baja Aux. Lighting.
Green Jeep Club #185, Nowhere to Wheel Jeep Club member #1
'04 WJ - Columbia Edition - 4.7HO 2WD
XJ4oh is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.