aussie vs detroit ez locker for the front axle - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > aussie vs detroit ez locker for the front axle

Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Artec Holiday Sale!

Unread 06-05-2008, 09:51 PM   #1
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

aussie vs detroit ez locker for the front axle

so I will be doing some axle upgrading shortly and was curious as to what type of front locker i would benefit the most from....(these 2 are in my budget) I know a ton of guys run aussies...but the ez locker is on sale for 199 right now...what are the differences between these 2? also what is the benefit one over the other, or are they very similar? also what about installation of them...i really dont know much about the ez locker, i was planning on going with the aussie, but now that the ez locker is on sale, it too looks pretty attractive.

My Jeep

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
gribbles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2008, 06:50 AM   #2
Pillswoj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Hopefully others with experience will jump in, I have heard that the Aussie and the Lockrite are very good and either would be a good choice. The D EZ Locker is not as strong a unit and has gotten bad reviews.
Unread 06-06-2008, 11:20 AM   #3
YJames90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

My aussie up front works perfect. Im climbing some crazy rocks now

My 2.5 to 4.3 swap thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/4...begun-1237704/
YJames90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.