Aussie Locker Dana 30 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Aussie Locker Dana 30

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsCurrie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!

Unread 10-17-2007, 04:09 PM   #16
SecondTJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken_Soldier
Thanks Jerry. Guess I'll get an aussie for the rear and use the ice thing as an excuse to look into getting a rubi axle up front.
I'd re-consider the Aussie in the rear. It's going to be constantly making a lot noise.

'99 Z28 M6, some goodies
'94 'Vette, A4 all stock
SecondTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2007, 04:22 PM   #17
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

For icy roads, I wouldn't install an automatic locker in the rear either. I'd go for a selectable locker like an ARB in the rear. Some don't mind automatic lockers in the rear on icy roads but you have to watch your driving pretty constantly to avoid a spinout.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine
When you have a choice, buy American.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2007, 10:22 AM   #18
Broken_Soldier
2008 JK Wrangler 

This is falling under the 'nothing worthwhile is quick or easy' category. I might as well do it right the first time, rather than going cheap. And I'm not at all worried about noise, function over form every time for me.
Unread 10-18-2007, 10:41 AM   #19
joe_jeep
2005 LJ Wrangler 

mine just wont turn in snow or ice. you can turn the wheel and just keep going straight. i park my jeep for the winter. in an emergengy and you have to drive just drive in 2wd the rear locker is fun and will get you through most stuff anyway.
joe_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2007, 02:23 PM   #20
jaytee
1995 YJ Wrangler 

True Track!

True Track!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.