Auburn ECTED? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Engines & Drivetrain > Auburn ECTED?

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Unread 01-05-2008, 05:07 PM   #46
sdhutch
1975 CJ5 

i have the ected in my cj5.used in the front d30.i used it this past year in snow and rocks and it works great.i like the lsd when unlocked,really works.when locked it is locked period.i have 35 inch tires t18,teralow20,427rp and a v8 with no slippage.just my 2cents

sdhutch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2008, 06:28 PM   #47
Dog Man
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Been on my jeep for over a year now work great. have a 3 year war. on them . Rock Mud Snow Sand so far lock up just fine never let me down and you can lock them on the go. If u are on a hill and need the locker just hit the switch and your locked u dont have to stop to lock up.great product so far.
Dog Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2008, 06:49 PM   #48
jeep rio
1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by highrollingtj
it should be easy on the pocketbook to replace the worn out clutch packs, i agree with flexy tj, its just another fancy limited slip, we all know about the trac-loc and how easy the clutch packs where out...its about having to take apart your carrier everytime a clutch wears out. same with my quic-lock upfront, once the springs where out i have replacements, the only problem is time

go e-locker, i know someone is going to say screw that, there are shorts, but then they say air locker, but the lines can tear or burn, then ox-locker, but i've seen cables not function or rip, so i guess anyway you look at it, do whats best for YOU!

Maybe I should mention to you guys that when the guy from auburn came in to train us I asked about clutch replacement and he stated they were not rebuildable at ALL!!! They do however have some kind of buy back program when they do crap the bed due to wear n tear.
2006 TJ- Custom lift 4in Full traction springs, OME shocks, Kilby skid plates and bumper, Full traction 3 link in rear, JKS control arms upper lower, Banks exhaust, Edge trail jammer, 4.56's and true trac front, Eaton elocker rear. D30, D44

1995 YJ Rio Grande- 4.0l Swap 3.5 in 4wd hardware lift, Ford 8.8 Rear 4.10 gears.
jeep rio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2009, 05:37 PM   #49
idahooutback
1989 YJ Wrangler 

ECTED problems

I just recently had 2 ECTEDs install, with a Yukon ring and pinion installed in the front Dana30. At the time of pick-up I was informed to drive under normal conditions for the front ring and gear set to properly break in. So following my instructions, I got 116 mile out of the 500 mile on my new drive train when BANG!!!!! my jeep locked up. Fortunatly I was only going about 20 MPH. I found out later that the ECTED retaining bolt that holds the 3/4 in. hardened pin FAILED. The shop that installed it said that they called AUBURN and that they would not cover collateral damage but only the replacement of the ECTED. My confindence is very shaken in Aburns policies and service. I also am not impressed with the lack of speedyness shipping out a replacement since this happen 2 weeks ago this day. I just wanted to inform everyone to be cusious of Aburn's ECTED and service...
idahooutback is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-28-2009, 02:51 PM   #50
CJATE

not much info out there on the ECTED, seems like a good idea, and this is a prity mixed thread. anyone posting back in 06 have an update?
35's, fenders cut
bad paint
leaks just about everything
CJATE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2009, 08:24 AM   #51
base shakers
2005 LJ Wrangler 

don't get them! The eaton elocker is a far superior product. i've had both in my jeep (F&R) and the auburn is a joke compared to the eaton. don't waste your time/money with ecteds.
Unread 10-02-2009, 01:39 PM   #52
mpyusko
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJZep View Post
I have these in both diffs. Granted, i DO NOT see rocks very often. I use my lockers very sparingly when going up (or down) loose packed hills in trails. It does not rely on the clutches to lock it. it uses an electromagnet to pull a cone/bearing setup together to spool it. The clutches only see real use when open, due to it being a lsd when off. I guess it is not as reliable as a good old detroit for crawling, but there are some good advantages
1. For those of us who want a selectable locker, daily drivers who see wheelin every so often(jeeps are great because they are just as fun to cruise in, top down, lookin down at super dutys!)
2. they are a selectable locker at 550$!!!!!!! not 700-900 + cables or stupid useless compressors that die if u use them for tools or airing up/down
3. the lsds really are nice in winter, rain. No more fishtailing on acceleration at lights
4. Believe it or not, there are those of us who do all their wheeling on our dana 35's (i have 33's and dont want/need bigger tires) I do not think they make an E-locker for the 35(I MAY be wrong, but I looked first) My super35 kit in my yj lasted 3 years, and i like the skinny pedal(in my 4cyl) No probs.

NOW...I admit I only have had them a couple months, and they have seen limited use. we shall see what time will tell, but for now i love them. I think they are good option for those of us running smaller setups who do minor wheeling. If I had moab type places to wheel(I'm in CT) I would probably have a D60 with 513s and ox lockers or arb, running on 35's or bigger, but my 2.5 tj with 488s on 33's is a perfectly capable weekend wheeler. Plus it is just fun to drive!!
Just my honest opinion, from someone who owns the product.
So what has your been now that it is 3.5 years and ??? miles later?
BLACK JEEP Club V2.0 #84
Rust-Bucket Build-Ups Club Member #1
Pictures of my JeepSAVE PARAGON AP!!
mpyusko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2010, 12:15 PM   #53
Axl Jack
1994 YJ Wrangler 

^ Well, the man asked you a question! LoL

Just thought I'd bring up an old thread.
You know you drive a YJ when it is no longer getting older, but slowly becoming brand new part by part.
Axl Jack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2010, 12:24 PM   #54
mpyusko
1997 TJ Wrangler 

LOL. I went with a Eaton ELocker. I've never had to look back.
BLACK JEEP Club V2.0 #84
Rust-Bucket Build-Ups Club Member #1
Pictures of my JeepSAVE PARAGON AP!!
mpyusko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2010, 08:43 AM   #55
vincejeep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

i bought an ected 2 years ago and i'd rather buy a spool than this piece of crap
every time i flip the switch off it stays on and everytime i have to dismantle it to get it unlocked and i'm very tired of it

the clutches are metallic ones and seem to be strong but the exentrical ball mechanism need very tight adjustement and after the magnet actuator retract the balls won't come back to the lower spot and keep pressure onto the clutches

if you want to be rear locked for cheap don't waste money on ected locker and get a spool instead, if you don't want a spool get a real locker and pay for it you won't regret
vincejeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2010, 03:41 PM   #56
MC_NickP
1998 TJ Wrangler 

i read somewhere that it isnt recommended for tires over stock size, which makes me wonder why its included with the super 35 kit, which you would only really buy for bigger tires.
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Club #178

build thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...4/#post9499802
MC_NickP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2010, 09:25 AM   #57
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Just a quick after usage report. I've had F&R Ecteds in my D30/44 axles for a year and a half. I beat the snot out of them every chance I get. I still love them!

I drive on the right side, what's wrong with you?

Quote:
Be very careful with the wife mod. Uninstallation can be extremely expensive. Wife mods have been known to take the Jeep and all other mods during the uninstall process. Also, make sure you service your wife mod properly as often as humanly possible. Wife mods not properly serviced may malfunction or uninstall themselves at any time.
NotURMailman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2013, 01:23 AM   #58
mert
1996 ZJ 

i have 96 zj. i installed auburn ected locker front dana 30 . But since i changed my tires with 35x10.5x16 silverstone extreme 117 i broke my ring pinion 2 times in 2 months and i uninstalled the ected locker. İ think when it's working LSD ring and pinion couldnt resist LSD. İs there any idea or solution for this problem? Ected's installation manual it is recommended max 31'' tire for ected locker. can it be the main reason?

thanks

mert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2013, 02:31 AM   #59
tinktinkTJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Was it really necessary to revive 3 other thread with the same post? As for your question, I don't think your ected is the problem. Its probably just the 35s. Try starting a new thread next time.
tinktinkTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2013, 02:40 AM   #60
Cherokeegrrl
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I noticed that too ... At least he's searching, lolz!
Cherokeegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.